Jul 16th, 2013
This 105.19 ct octagonal step-cut diamond, reportedly colorless, was re-polished from a 106.75 ct (old carat) diamond. Originally acquired as a 250 ct oval by the Khedive of Egypt around 1850, it was sold in 1880 when the Khedive went into exile. The new owner had the diamond re-cut into a 105.51 ct emerald cut and exhibited it in Amsterdam. Purchased by London jewelers Wilson & Gill, it was later sold to Egypt’s King Farouk but vanished after his abdication in 1952.
Current whereabouts unknown.