Aug 8th, 2018
Dharmanandan Diamonds Pvt Ltd (DDPL) today announced that it has entered into an exclusive agreement with master diamond cutter, educator and designer Mike Botha to manufacture what it describes as the world’s brightest diamond®- Sirius Star®.
Under the terms of the agreement, 7 patented diamond shapes: Sirius Star® 80 Round, Sirius Star® 100 Round, Sirius Star® Cushion, Sirius Star® Cushion 100, Sirius Star® Square, Sirius Star® Octagon and Sirius Star® 88 Round will now be offered under DDPL’s Special Cut Collection.
Designed and patented by Canadian master diamond cutter Mike Botha, Sirius Star®, named after the brightest visible star in the night sky, “features greater scintillation and increased light return, improved brilliance and higher visual appeal than other round shapes on the market”, the Company said in a release.
“Sirius Star®” and “The world’s brightest diamond®” are registered trademarks owned by MP YPA Holdings Inc. and licensed to DDPL.
“DDPL is known for innovative products and services,” says Hitesh Patel, Managing Director, DDPL. “We see a different business potential in the market today partnering the “World’s brightest diamond®”. Adding these cuts to our existing special cuts like Padma & 7 Hearts, DDPL now can offer the distinguished solutions to our customers for differentiation and value addition to their business.”
Sandip Patel, Director DDPL, adds, “Over the past 4 decades, DDPL has built an incredible foundation as the brand worldwide that maximizes a diamond’s brilliance. This exceptional line-up for proprietary shapes gives us an opportunity to transform how we scale our business in the Special Cut segment, allowing us to reach more people around the world faster, while also enhancing the experience we offer to our customers.”
Mike Botha, creator of Sirius Star®…the world’s brightest diamond stated: “This is a tremendous milestone for the Sirius Star® brand as Dharmanandan has the depth of expertise and global reach to carry the brand in adequate inventory in all the sizes and clarity necessary for successful distribution. We look forward to an exponential growth phase without neglecting our independent jewelers who have been fiercely loyal to the brand to date.”
The Cuts available under Sirius Star® include:
• Sirius Star® 80 with 80 inclined facets with its signature 8-pointed star pattern in the pavilion with 100% light return in ray trace analysis
• Sirius Star® 88 with 88 inclined facets has the same features as the Sirius Star® with 80 and 100% light return in ray trace analysis
• Sirius Star® 100 with 100 inclined facets features a ten-pointed star also with 100% light return in ray trace analysis
• Sirius Star® Cushion has 84 inclined facets with the signature 8-pointed star in the pavilion of the diamond
• Sirius Star® 100 Cushion with 100 inclined facets is the flagship cushion with the signature 8-pointed star in the pavilion
• Sirius Star® Square has 80 inclined facets (88 with the girdles) with the signature 8-pointed star in the pavilion
• Sirius Star® Octagon has 80 inclined facets (88 with girdles) with the signature 8-pointed star in the pavilion and 100% light return in ray trace analysis
• Sirius Star® Oval has 80 inclined facets presenting added brilliance
Pic caption: Signing the agreement Hitesh Patel – MD, DDPL (2nd from right) and Mike Botha (2nd from left) along with Shailesh Patel and Vipul Sutariya